Small businesses have a buffet of credit card options available to them. If you fly Southwest, there is more good news. Chase launched another Southwest-branded business credit card, called the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card. With Southwest a top airlines for its low fares and no-risk flying (canceled flight fees can be reused for future flights with no penalty), it’s a solid choice for those who travel between Southwest hub airports.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business
Here are the details on the signup bonuses:
- Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on qualified purchases within the first 3 months of account opening and additional 30,000 points after you spend $25,000 on purchases in the first 6 months.
- Get an additional 9,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn 3 points per $1 with qualifying Southwest Airlines® purchases (including flights, in-flight services, and Southwest Airlines gift cards)
- Earn 2 points per $1 with a range of business-related services, including social media advertising, paid search, internet, cable and phone services
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other qualifying purchases
- 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available
- Inflight WiFi Credits
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- Employee cards at no additional cost, earn points on employee spending.
The annual fee for this card is a value. Just $199 a year gets you to access these benefits, plus free employee cards.
Southwest with Companion pass.
The pass allows a companion (spouse, mother, friend, favorite blogger) to fly free with you when you fly on Southwest. You will have to earn 110,00 Southwest points in one calendar year to get this benefit.
- Take a friend or family member for free, just pay taxes+fees for your companion. You can’t beat this!
- The companion ticket is still free even when a flight is redeemed via rapid rewards. This makes points transferred from Chase Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve or Ink Preferred more effective and extremely valuable.
- Once you reach Companion status, you’ll earn Companion Pass for the following full calendar year (current year), and the next year as well. So it makes sense to get status as early in the calendar year as possible.
- Maintain A-list status, offering priority boarding, priority check-in etc., Learn more here
- Other benefits include 2 free checked bags per passenger, as usual.
- No Change fee for changing flights.
- No cancellation fee and get travel credit on any canceled ticket which can be used for future travel within a year.
- Get a refund for any price drop as travel credit for any future travel.