The American Express Green card used to be the plain Vanilla card from Amex. It is now re-launched with a complete overhaul of rewards program, new Welcome offer, and a limited-time promotion.
New Amex Green Promotion Details
- Welcome Offer of 30,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in 3 months.
- 3X Membership Rewards points on all travel, and Transit.
- 3X Membership Rewards points at restaurants internationally.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express Green Card to pay for your CLEAR membership.
- Receive up to $100 in statement credits per year on your LoungeBuddy purchases. Use the American Express Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
This card is certainly an upgrade from the current version of the Green Card. If you don’t want to pay higher annual fee for the Airport lounge and Global Entry, then this is the right card. Amex Platinum, which is a premium version of this series is certainly for frequent travelers. If you already have Gold which focuses on the Household purchase such as Groceries and Travel, this card will add value with their 3X on all Travel purchases including flights, hotels, transit, taxis, and ridesharing services. Amex Gold Travel category restricts to Travel purchase from Amex Travel or directly from Airlines.