This is the best time to get the IHG Club Premier Credit Card. There is a new Limited Time Promotion of 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Getting this card is a nice add-on especially if you have had the old IHG card that has the $49 annual fee. This new promotion is the best so far, considering the minimum spend is just $3000. This is definitely better than the previous ones.
There are a bunch of benefits if you have both the cards.
- You can get 2 anniversary nights by having both $49 and $89 cards. The old card might still have an unrestricted free night, but the new card has a restriction on Anniversary Free Night for redemption level of 40,000 points or less.
- For each standard room Reward Night stay of 4 or more nights, every 4th night is free. This includes the reward redemptions.
- Save at least 20% on points purchases when you pay for those points with your IHG® Rewards Club Premier or Traveler Credit Cards.
- You’ll receive a 10% rebate when you go to redeem your points using the old card
So having both credit cards will definitely help you stay at IHG properties for a lot less! The benefits and low annual fees make the card a must-have. IHG also sells points at discount, most of the time, like .5 cents per point.
Our Estimated Value When Redeemed properly – $700+
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✔® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- 2X points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases.
IHG Rewards Availability and their Redemption Rate
IHG in New York, NY
- 25~ Hotels in Search Result
- Rewards Redemption from 30,000 points to 70,000
- Value of Hotel Per night $150 to $360+ (Excluding Taxes)
- Availability – Not all hotels are available, better availability if booked 4 to 6 months in advance.
- When compared with points to per night cost, it is anywhere between .4 cents to .6 cents. It is not worth to redeem at .4 cents per point. If you have IHG points, then getting something at .6 cents per point is a better value.
IHG in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
- 25~ Hotels in Search Result
- Rewards Redemption from 15,000 points to 25,000
- Value of Hotel Per night $75 to $150+ (Excluding Taxes)
- Availability – Most hotels are available.
- When compared with points to per night cost, it is anywhere between 0.5 cents to 0.6 cents. It is not worth to redeem at 0.4 cents per point. If you have IHG points, then getting something at .6 cent per point is a better value.
IHG in Hawaii, United States
- 2 Hotels in Search Result
- Rewards Redemption at 40,000
- Value of Hotel Per night $150 to $190 (Excluding Taxes)
- Availability varies by dates.
- When compared with points to per night cost, it is anywhere between 0.35 cents to 0.4 cents. It is not worth to redeem at 0.4 cents or below per point.
Although options are available in cities, there are not many options when it comes to vacation spots. Their redemption rates are around 0.5 cents per point at most properties. Availability is somewhat better only when you book well in advance. This promotion definitely makes it more attractive and can easily get you 4 nights, if you can combine with 4th-night free promotion.